Monday, May 25, 2009

We do it to ourselves!!!

Ever notice how when things are running along smoothly that little voice pops up and says, something is going to go wrong!!!??? Seriously that is when I need to just bitch slap that voice and ignore it. Every once in a while I will doubt myself and give into that voice. Then of course all hell breaks loose. Things do start falling apart. I hate it. I need to get re-centered, re-focused, and in a positive mind frame. It happens more then I would like to admit!

I had a friend in tonight and she said something very VALID. Would it not be fabulous if people caught us saying something negative, about ourselves or situations that they just made a "buzz" or "BEEP" sound??? Wouldn't that be a fantastic way to see how much negativity flies out of our mouths and minds?? Yeah would be annoying, would also make us realize what we are doing. I thought about what she said (thanks Shannon your rock sister) and I thought maybe I will do that to people! No worries, but I am going to try to do it to myself. AS SOON AS that little negative voice enters... BZZZZZ ;-)

I have a challenge for you, try it. Buzz yourself when you here the negative voice. See how many times your doing it. Might make you stop and think a little harder on how we put ourselves down so much.

Let me know if you try it!

jenn

4 comments:

Unknown said...

There is a good book about that called 'Complaint Free World by Will Bowen' ... check it out.

http://www.amazon.ca/Complaint-Free-World-Complaining-Enjoying/dp/0385524587

jenn said...

I'm off to look for it tonight! Thanks friend!!!

Mindy said...

I call those voices, "the committee"

daniela said...

i should use a shock collar! hahahhahaha!