Thursday, October 1, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
So thank you to Shannon, Annette, Minda and Maria. All four of you are very different but awesome ladies. You gave me what I needed. Butt kick, confidence and motivation. You are all so right. Life is good. Don't let the stupid people bring you down to their low vibrating level and remember that the best revenge in life is LIVING A GOOD LIFE.
Life is good!
I love you gals
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
We want to work on it a bit! We're having a photo shoot on friday ;) so exciting!
Its terrific tuesday!
What is terrific in your life???
new business partners ;) (you rock shan)
traveling (thanks tim)
wine!!!!! (yeah vino good!)
Friday, July 31, 2009
But until then.... I leave you with this awesome quote!
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. Norman Vincent Peale
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Stay tuned, updates and new site to come!
Life is good!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
So I'm going to list some gratitude things ;) Never anything wrong with that!
-my new roof
-my 'good' friends
-life's little treats
What are you thankful for today???
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
- for my business that allows me flex hours
- for my healthy children
- for a wonderful kind caring husband (yep you are that tim!!!)
- for wonderful friends
- that the sun is peaking out a bit today and its finally warmer
- that school is nearing an end and summertime to start
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Sunday, May 31, 2009
We are off to my sons ball hockey game! That makes me happy! Watching my boys play sports!!! Then I'm off to a spa party. I don't know what I'm in for, but its with a few girlfriends, so should be fun!
Then later today we're heading to the park for a picnic, why, because that makes me really really happy.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Sorry, my rant for tonight after going there and seeing some really depressing things.
The world is good at heart. Focusing on that good would be way better then reading the details of all the crap.
do something else. --Paul Harvey
So true. If your not enjoying what you do 75% of your day, then do something else. I hear so many people complain about their job and my answer is always the same. Find something else. Then I hear the list of excuses. I figure your not happy, figure out what makes you happy and go for it! We only live once, life is short. Enjoy every moment that you can of it!!!
I LOVE my job :-) and I'm off to work a few hours right now. Yep its Saturday, but that is okay. I truly LOVE what I do and feel blessed that I get paid to do something I love!
Have a wonderful Saturday!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
We're not talking the self doubts. I still think someone needs a "zapper" for that!!! I'm talking about stating in your voice a complaint, groan, moan, negative statement or gossip. WOWSERS. A friend called today and I actually sat there and said nothing because I realized we would just gossip or complain non stop. Awkward silence I tell you. So I told her about my experiment and gave her the website to check out. She actually hung up on me and right before she did she stated that I was no fun if I wouldn't gossip with her! LOLOLOLOL Oh that made me howl.
So far today I've moved it 6 times. Yeah SIX already!!! I know!
Keep me posted if your trying this!!!!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Shannon from BC left a comment here about this book. I went out to Chapters last night and bought it! I'm already half way through. It is about the idea I was stating the other day. Only no bzzzz. You wear a bracelet (they have purple ones) and you switch it to the other hand every time you complain, gossip or say a negative though. Same idea, no shock! Click on the the top there and it will link you to their site!
So the idea is to have 21 consecutative days without having to move that bracelet!!! Easy? No. I tried yesterday breifly and I switched it 16times! I thought I was a pretty positive person.
I'm still in the midst of reading the book. I'll be back tomorrow after I finish it, with a more detailed review. In the meantime, you don't need their bracelet to start. Use an elastic, use a cancer bracelet, use a coin and put it back and forth in each pocket!
Just start somewhere and try :)
Can you imagine if we had a Complaint Free World??? Could imagine how much happier would be??? I love this idea!
Monday, May 25, 2009
I had a friend in tonight and she said something very VALID. Would it not be fabulous if people caught us saying something negative, about ourselves or situations that they just made a "buzz" or "BEEP" sound??? Wouldn't that be a fantastic way to see how much negativity flies out of our mouths and minds?? Yeah would be annoying, would also make us realize what we are doing. I thought about what she said (thanks Shannon your rock sister) and I thought maybe I will do that to people! No worries, but I am going to try to do it to myself. AS SOON AS that little negative voice enters... BZZZZZ ;-)
I have a challenge for you, try it. Buzz yourself when you here the negative voice. See how many times your doing it. Might make you stop and think a little harder on how we put ourselves down so much.
Let me know if you try it!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Clutter = tension, feeling of upset
Clean/clear = clear mind, relaxation
I swear when I declutter the ommmmm feeling comes in my house. It just feels clearer.
Silly??? I don't know but I love the feeling and I'm going to keep it up!!!!
Next time you feel tense, stressed just go declutter a bit and see how you feel afterwards :)
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Gratitude! If you can be thankful that means you have things/people/love in your life!
Relax! If you can relax you are able to enjoy life.
Live in the Moment! If you can be present and live in the moment you can enjoy more.
Laugh! It really is good medicine and cures the soul.
small list... but do a few and see what happens!!!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
By the end of the day I had two new clients booked in and an opportunity to go to a health fair!
Life is good. My work life rocks!!!
:-) Monday's still rock!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
So the next time your out for a walk, jog, bike ride. Take time and look up and smile and say "hello" to all those that pass you by. See how you feel. See how they react. Spread joy.
"If we want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out.
To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it."
Sunday, May 3, 2009
"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed ... Nothing will be impossible for you."
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Life is good.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Relaxing is so hard for so many. Really all it takes is a few mins of deep breathing to unwind and chill. Think about what makes you happy. Shut your eyes. See the the thing/person/place that makes you happy. Be there. Breathe..... be still.
Mini vacations :) LOL That is what I call it but it works!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
I'm going to be happy. I'm going to skip. I'm going to be glad. I'm going to smile a lot. I'm going to be easy. I'm going to count my blessings. I'm going to look for reasons to feel good. I'm going to dig up positive things from the past. I'm going to look for positive things where I stand. I'm going to look for positive things in the future. It is my natural state to be a happy person. It's natural for me to love and to laugh. This is what is most natural for me. I am a happy person!Jerry and Esther Hicks
Wishing everyone a Happy Easter today! Remember attitude is half the battle! Stay positive!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Everything in this world was declared
impossible before it was actually done.
How true is that quote? At one point EVERYTHING was impossible and the dreamers/believers set out and just do it. Do they know how?? Not always. They have a vision and don't loose site of it. Amazing. Love this. So powerful!!!!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Last hockey this weekend (although I will really miss it)
Crazy hair day at school ...they made me howl
Working out and feeling good
Old friends that ROCK
Inspiration every where around me
Spring in the air!!!
I mean seriously! I love spring!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
The book talks about how you have to "flip" that emotional switch to get a positive attitude in order to attract more positivity. Positive thinking isn't easy. Even on my bad days I find it hard, but if I managed to flip the emotional switch it really can turn around your day.
The book help me understand things I already knew, but just made it very clear. It explains in order to attract anything positive you have to be in a good emotional spot. When I say attraction I don't mean things always either. It can be people, situations, whatever. It doesn't necessarily mean material things.
She has you picture a light switch the bottom has one negative emotion Anger/anxiety/stress/fear/poor/impatience/discouraged and then see the top of the switch. It will be the opposite of the bottom. So for those it would/could be Happiness/peace/relaxation and prayer/faith/abundance/calm/inspiration.
Look at them together. Even reading the positive side makes you feel better.
I will list the negative emotion first and then the positive emotion second.
Anger - Forgiveness/Happiness
Anxiety - peace/Faith
Fear - Faith
Poor - Abundance
Impatience - Calm/patience
Discouraged - Inspired
Its a good read. I will be reading mine very soon! Go out and pick up a copy! It will be the best 6 dollars you spend in a long time!!!
Monday, March 16, 2009
-sitting on my deck soaking up the sun or shade reading
-enjoying a timmies (coffee) with friends
-reading my magazines that I love
-enjoying the moments
-smelling the flowers
-watching my kids play hockey or ball
-sitting on the Huther patio having a beer (and wings lol)
all those things bring smiles to my face right now....
Friday, March 13, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Do you make them? I have a little blue note book that I write mine in. I was doing it daily for January and seem to have slacked off. But when I read what is in that little book it is pretty powerful. Its funny how being thankful for what you have in life attracts more good things. It works is all I know. I use to think it was fine to just keep my gratitude lists in my head, but now I realize its more powerful in written words where I can reread it often!
What do you have gratitude for? Do you write down?
Friday, March 6, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
1. Make up your mind to be happy. Learn to find pleasure in simple things.
2. Make the best of your circumstances. No one has everything, everyone has something of sorrow intermingled with gladness of life. The trick is to make the laughter outweigh the tears.
3. Don't take your self too seriously. Don't think that somehow you should be protected from misfortune that befalls on other people.
4. You can't please everyone. Don't let criticism worry you.
5. Don't let your neighbour set your standards. Be yourself.
6. Do the things your enjoy but stay out of debt.
7. Never borrow trouble. Imaginary things are harder to bear than real ones.
8. Since hate poisons the soul, do not cherish jealousy, Avoid people that make you unhappy.
9. Have many interests. If you can't travel, read about new places.
10. Don't hold postmortems. Don't spend your time brooding over sorrows or mistakes. Don't be the one who never gets over things.
11. Do what you can for those less fortunate than yourself.
12. Keep busy. A busy person never has time to be unhappy.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
This email was passed to me from my dear friend and cousin Eily! Thanks girl...enjoy the read..
Some good thoughts for the new year.
40 Tips for a Better Life in 2009
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'
5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2008.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild salmon, broccoli, almonds and walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. God heals almost everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!)
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for ________. Today I accomplished ________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
40. Please forward this to everyone you care about.
May your troubles be less,
May your blessings be more,
May nothing but happiness come through your door!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Dash (It's All About The Dash)
Hold onto Love
No New, Make Do
This is my year.